Monday, July 3, 2017

Overwhelmed with love and hyper stimulated

Yesterday not just one, but TWO showers were held for our little girl.  We drove back to Johnstown to attend the one thrown by friends as it was on the schedule earlier and another was underway with my aunts another hour away.  They videotaped the second one, so I will at least get to enjoy watching - and I'll have that tape to rewatch even after my memories start to fade thanks to baby brain.  The day would have been beyond perfect if only I could have been at two places at once.

I can't believe how many people came in to share the afternoon with me.  I'm so blessed.  It was good to see everyone, it feels like it has been forever since I've seen some of them.  The food was good, the cake even better!  We left with a full SUV and now the floor in the baby's room is full again.  *smacks forehead*  I thought I had that room mostly in order, what a fool I am... and to think I probably have another full sized load coming from the second gathering too!  If that doesn't inspire you to hustle and nest I don't know what will.

There is one more shower on the horizon with his side of the family.  I'm so incredibly overwhelmed with the outpouring thus far, to think there is more coming our way?!  This little girl is beyond loved.  I pray we are able to convey to her just how much.

Putting me as the center of attention tends to get me all riled up.  As such I was up a little late last night and my eyes popped open too early today.  Fortunately I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in a little (I hope) and we can do some sorting, putting away, and get that pile of thank yous well underway.

I said we drove, and that is true.  From there he was off sweating it up outside while I enjoyed my afternoon in the air conditioning.  He then returned to help load up and drove us home to allow me to keep my feet moving to avoid some swelling.  He's definitely a keeper.