Thursday, July 6, 2017

Vaccine for Mummy

Today I headed out to get a TDAP vaccine. Actually, I did this twice.  The first run out was to the nearby Walgreens (and for a Starbucks run mid-day), but they "couldn't tell if it would be covered by my insurance" - Walgreens, not Starbucks.  *shakes head* After talking to Highmark I learned it is definitely covered and didn't matter which vaccine (I'll cover that later) so I headed to the Giant Eagle pharmacy after work.

I had a little bit of a wait, but I got my Boostrix TDAP.  From what I read there are two options, Boostrix and Adacel.  The first is Class B approved for people 10 and older, where as the other is a Class C for 10-64 year olds.  Sure, neither is perfect, but I'll opt for the lesser of two evils every chance I get.  Now we see if I end up with a sore arm tomorrow.  Hopefully I won't get wiped out by this.