Sunday, July 30, 2017

Once again overwhelmed

My guy's Mom and sister put on quite the over the top to do/tea time/shower for us this weekend.  It was crazy to see how many people were there and how she converted her whole downstairs to put the focus on us.  Every detail was attended to.  The food and drink was amazing, the decorating touches were beyond, her fine china was out for tea, everyone was all there in one room!

It rained pretty hard leading into the weekend and was steady on our drive their way, but things cleared and the sun prevailed - making it an even more lovely day.  We came home with another very full vehicle - making our previous stockpile of diapers look tiny.  There is another mound of goodies to be sorted through upstairs in the baby's room awaiting my attention.

More from the registry completion order has also arrived, so with a quick load of laundry now the pack and play with its new mattress is also ready for action in the living room.  I was able to complete one set of thank you cards for my side of the family this morning, which are now ready to go in the mailbox.  Also off of the list this weekend is getting the car seat bases installed, now I need to stop in and get mine inspected.  I'm hoping these few things being off of the list will give me rest tonight.  I was once again restless last night from all of the excitement and new additions to the list.