Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The countdown is on

A couple of days ago it settled in that we had one month left, oh man... and now today, it's August, the actual month she is due in (even though chances may be good she'll wait til September).  I feel like there is a giant countdown clock that just lit up.

My weight did start to go up again, so that tick downward might have been water, or it could be because of the cooking.  With my sister visiting she took to the store to gather more supplies and got cooking yesterday while I finished up my work afternoon.  I joined her after work and all in all we ended up with:  kale lasagna roll ups, squash casserole, crispy chicken and rice casserole, chicken and cauliflower casserole (a la Slippy's recipe modified from broccoli), "incredible" chicken, a tray of honey lime chicken enchiladas that are amazing(!), and two loaves of banana bread following the recipe I pulled together a few weeks ago.  We were so whooped last night.