Monday, July 24, 2017

Trying to wrap things up and unwrapping more gifts

I did not get the items cleaned that I had hoped this past weekend, but I did get the cover off of the swing ready for the washer and the rest ready for a scrub down.

The gifts from the second shower that took place a few weekends ago were delivered to me on Sunday - so we sat down tonight and opened gifts.  I am pretty surprised by how many little outfits are totally my taste and something I would have picked out.  They also wrote on notecards name suggestions - many focused on rehashing my mother or grandmother's name.  I have videos to watch from their gathering still so there may be some more suggestions on there.  Best gift?  Sorry I have to give it - hands down - to the little bench Uncle Ronnie made for us.  I had one he made for me when I was little.  I sat in front of the tv with that thing propped in front of me for much of my younger years... and I probably ate a ton of peanut butter sammies on it.  To see it brought a huge smile to my face and a tear to my eye.

Side note there is officially nothing left of my belly button.  It is no longer concave in any capacity.  Looking at it straight on it looks a little like a sideways pig nose (two little divots).

I also finally caved and made a call to the nurse line today.  My weight gain has slowed...and even comparing to last Monday - I lost two pounds.  Sure, my ankles aren't as swollen, but after reading those other articles I just had a moment and wanted to hear some reassurance from the doctor's office that I shouldn't worry as long as I continue to feel her moving at a normal pace.  Believe me, not gaining more weight is NOT something I intend to complain about.