Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Steady Growth

This past week I have found myself watching the scale with a bit of fear.  I feel like I'm gaining too much now, especially for where I started at pre-pregnancy.  I guess we'll see what the doctors say when I climb on the scale tomorrow.

She too (the wee one) is making steady growth progress - or at least I as far as I can tell from the frequency of her movements that I am experiencing.  I've started to note distinct patterns in the morning and at night as I settle down for bed, but as time has passed I've been feeling her more through the day as well.

On a final note, I did find a youth dresser and a matching adult lingerie chest (taller item) that I ordered for use in the baby's room.  I think these items will work nicely for the size of the room.  While I won't put the mirror on the dresser right away that too is ordered.  In the mean time I also ordered a topper for changing purposes.  It will sit on the dresser (a piece is longer on the back to keep it from sliding forward/off the dresser) and the foam changing pad will go in there.  At this point the only remaining big items left to put the nursery together are the mattress and a rocking chair of some sort.  I did buy the paint too - but we haven't scheduled when it's going up on the wall just yet.