Friday, May 19, 2017

The second trimester is not the easier for me

They say the second trimester is usually the 'easiest' of the three.  Since I didn't have morning sickness and whatnot I have to disagree (that's saying a lot since I don't think I've had blood draws in my second trimester).  Sure I only have two weeks left in said second trimester, but I'd already say it's less pleasurable than the first.

My hip and around to my lower back has been hurting for a week, the periodic rib pains as they expand, the sore belly button, the headaches are always on my mind as to keep them at bay with stretches and sitting properly, sleeping has become more challenging, I cannot do as much without feeling achy and needing to sit, I'm moodier lately too (more tears than I want to admit), and I'm putting on too much weight (IMHO) whereas in the first trimester I was concerned that I wasn't putting on weight.

Sure there are perks here that I didn't have in the first trimester - like feeling her move, although that has slowed and been less defined already too (normal to my understanding).

I'm not miserable, but it does leave me wondering (and worrying a little) about how things will progress pain and discomfort wise.  I'm not trying to complain just document.  I know this is all worth it.