Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Mandatory Glucola poisoning complete

I've already pointed out how horrible glucola's ingredients are now today I can share how horrible it is in general.  Granted I was fearing way worse, but it definitely was not appealing.  It smelled like orange crush, which doesn't sound bad - but it didn't taste like flat soda to me.  There was an almost heavy feeling to it that had my stomach a little displeased before I left for my appointment.

It took them a little longer to get my blood draw past the hour point since they once again took a stab, couldn't get a vein and had to bring in the ob nurse.  She ended up sticking my hand - again.  I had 4 large pint glasses of water this morning so seriously, what is the problem here?  Regardless, it's done, now I wait and hope I don't need to concern myself with a 3-hour test and/or gestational diabetes.