Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Hurting from top to bottom

Poor kiddo.  This past Friday Avery work up a bit snotty and stuffy.  It wasn't enough to make me think she was actually sick, so we went about our weekend plans to go to a family reunion, where she got to see quite a few Aunts and cousins that she's only met one other time so far.

Come Monday, by the time she left daycare her rear was quite red and unhappy.  Ahhh diaper rash.  The drool has picked up a bit, so maybe it is teething, who knows.

I bought a kiddie pool to entertain her last night while we sat out back bare bummed trying to get some air to help us out.  I also picked up corn starch.

Our favorite daycare worker noted the pattern that she had a little flare up after having the grapes/plum mixture before too, so we'll put that on the backburner for a while.  Similarly in my research I also saw cause to put off pineapple, tomato, citrus, and strawberries in addition to grapes and plums.  This means that two items that were coming up soon for new tastes will be delayed.

New foods since my last report:  navy beans, beef (which she hated in the soupy like stuff but was okay with from my burger!), asparagus, and figs.

I also want to note that I started in earnest to gather supplies for Avery's first birthday.  It's only a little over a month away after all.  I am hoping the little skirt and headband I ordered arrive quickly, so if they're too big I can find something else.  Our theme is unicorns and rainbows, so I'm having fun finding the goodies to decorate and to put a little spin on our food presentation.