Monday, July 2, 2018

Hitting the Pool

I'm so glad I had won some free passes to the Goldfish Swim School's open family swims.  It is incredibly hot here, so to try and cool off a bit we took Avery to the pool for an hour yesterday.  She kept a stern face for a brief period, but lightened up and had some fun.  It was nice to get to play with her and hold her close while we spun and bounced and splashed.  She did some kicking and we practiced a few dips into the water.

We also had an epic fail on the second baby gate I bought for the top of the stairs.  The first one we decided not to use after finding so much saying to use hardware gates for the top of the stairs.  It makes sense, but eesh, I don't want those holes.  I've conceded though - for her.  So the second was a hardware gate that was a bit taller.  It came highly recommended by friends and I thought it would be nice to have an easier reach to open/close the gate as we come and go.  Yeah, it's too tall.  So now I have to ship it back - fortunately, they do free returns, hopefully there isn't a restocking fee that I missed reading about.  I've now ordered another gate - hopefully it will arrive soon as I've been stressing for a couple of weeks now about not having a gate up at the top of the stairs.