Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Sad Things

I find myself sitting here thinking about how big Avery is getting, once again.  On one hand it will be nice to get the swing and the exersaucer out of the living room, freeing up a good bit of floor space (only to add other toys I'm sure); but on the other hand, I don't want to move these things - I want her to stay in them forever and I'm just not ready.

The swing has a max weight limit of 25lbs.  Since she's a bit under 21lbs we are nearing that limit.  It isn't like she uses it often anymore, maybe once a week - but when she naps there she looks so peaceful and happy.

The exersaucer is now latched into the tallest position.  She doesn't care so much to play in there as she does to get to move around, now that she's able, and who can blame her?  It does still get more regular use as it buys me a minute to step away from her to use the restroom or to get something prepared for dinner without worrying.

I had these pangs of sadness when we parted ways with her By-my-side Sleeper as well.  I know her childhood will be a series of these feelings - from all of these milestones to watching her climb on a school bus and all too soon graduate; each step towards independence feels like a moment lost to time.