Thursday, June 7, 2018

Crabby Climber

Last night I peeled Avery's onesie off, put her arms into her sleeper, and then set her in her crib for a minute so I could get spray on the would-be onesie stains.  (Side note - her proficiency at making a mess while eating has also on point lately.)  I was gone, what, 40 seconds?  I returned to Avery standing, clutching to the railings, and bouncing up and down.  She then reached up and grabbed the mobile and started tugging.  I did take the mobile down and put it in the closet immediately.  She then tried to chomp on the railings while I videotaped the moment - so after she was tucked in for the night I ordered cribwraps to protect both the crib and her teeth.

Last night she was in a bit of a mood.  It may be teething given how much she wanted to chomp on the crib and the plastic bumpers on the corners of the coffee table.  We haven't found a normal teether yet that she has any interest in - they all get tossed to the side.  She was just fussy and discontent for our evening time together.

This morning she was once again standing at attention by the time I got back upstairs with her bottle in hand.  So this is definitely a thing we do now!