Monday, June 18, 2018

Longer naps and other changes

This past weekend Avery took significantly longer mid-day naps.  I wish I had known she was going to stay down for 2 hours, I would have also napped!  They say around this age things evolve to consolidate naps.  Of course, with the activity at daycare I suspect she'll remain a short napper there, and ready to take another good one after getting home.

We've also noted an uptick in the need to use aquaphor or rash cream.  I don't know if it's the warmer weather or an increase in the number of daily poos (and thus more wipes) getting her.  This morning she struggled a little on her poo, even started to cry a bit at the end, and what she produced definitely reflected that it would have been more difficult than her normal movements.  On one hand I think we might have cause to pull out the prune food tonight, on the other hand I'll also note that she's been pooping about 5-6 times a day, so I'd hate to encourage more.