Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Joy and Pain, like sunshine and rain?

I'm sitting here today thinking about how incredibly lucky I am with this pregnancy.  I've not had the many of the typical unpleasant symptoms and at my age to say that everything look so healthy at week 29 is truly a blessing.

That said, I do have to note that the swelling in my ankles/feet has started - moreso on the left.  Nothing extreme, but it's worth mentioning to the doctor's office today and watching.  I'm pretty sure it is due to the warmer temps and the fact that I was standing a little more and outside while my sister was here busy working away.

I also was woken before 1am with a rather sharp pain at the lower left of my belly, right at 'that spot' that felt 'odd' to me years ago before I had the miscarriage/found out I was pregnant.  It lasted for just a few minutes, but it was unpleasant and had me nervous to stand to use the restroom.  I was sleeping on my left side as they want you to at this point.  It may have been round ligament pain, but to this point I've only felt that when moving and as soon as I relaxed it went away.  I don't think it was a braxton hicks contraction as it was just at that one area and not hardening my whole tummy.  This too will get mentioned at today's doctor appointment.

I've also had a few bad dreams in the past week.  Nothing about kiddo, but moreso relationships.  I think he and I need a nice cuddle to ease my brain.

Still I know these are all small potatoes worries and I'm grateful.  Girl was pretty quiet while my sister was visiting, so there wasn't really an opportunity to say "here feel", but she's shifting around a little more this morning.  I do think she's just going to be a stubborn/contrary one, but I guess I deserve that.