Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Doula meet and greet

Last night we attended a meet and greet for a regional doula group in downtown Pixburgh near Magee Hospital.  I didn't _want_ to drive into the burgh on a week night but I knew it was the best way to meet a few of these ladies in person, get some more information, and to see if we found someone that would be a fit.

3 of the 6 in this group were in attendance and all three seemed quite pleasant.  2 of the 3 there had been recommended by my chiropractor by name.  We had some conversation about it on the way home and after - so this morning I reached out to the group and asked about the availability of one doula to support our birth.  It's an added expense, but I think it will be worth it.  At least it is something that can come out of pre-tax HSA dollars too.

If she is available and willing, there should be a couple of meetings with her in the next so many weeks before we ever go into labor, but that window is fairly small, so I needed to get the ball in motion.