Monday, March 28, 2011

Try #1

I was happy to see the two little lines again this morning, so I didn't feel like I was "too late"... but my doctor was. My appointment this morning was set for 9am. I called (and got through) around 8:30, giving them plenty of time to prep the specimen, and I was there at 8:45. So why was I in the room at 9:10 hearing the nurse call around trying to local my doctor? That's a good question. Nevermind that at 9 the nurse was showing me the unfrozen spermies in the little container.

Shortly there after they came in to note that my doctor was in surgery and to ask if another doctor was okay. Ok, fine, just make sure it's a woman. So, I ended up with a midwife. In goes the speculum (no lube you know, just to make sure we don't cause issues for the spermies), shortly there after she says that my cervix is "getting away from her". Of course, I can't see down there, so I'm not sure what they employed the use of, but it must then came the owie. Wow some pressure for sure and some almost instantaneous cramping type feelings as she tried to feed the catheter in. She noted that my cervix was a bit hard and I could tell she had to struggle with it. Not pleasant.

After finishing up I got to lay and chill for a few minutes before I headed out and grabbed my new retainer bottom and then off to work. It's been a long day. I think I'll try to get to bed early tonight.