Monday, May 18, 2020

Kissing Concrete

Yesterday and today were quite nice, so we went outside armed with big girl panties and one of our potties.  We made it quite a while yesterday before the panties ended up wet, and Avery immediately came over and told me.  I had her on the potty several times and she just wouldn't go, so I wasn't surprised it happened.  It needed to though, so she got a sense for how unpleasant it felt.

This morning when we tried the same not too long into the process she told me "I need to poop Mommy".  YAY!  We came upstairs and she immediately went potty.  That's a huge win.  After we went back outside and it wasn't but a short period later that she took a tumble while pushing her little bus along the concrete.  She went booty over teacup and face planted.  I saw the tumble starting from the corner of my eye, but there was no way to get to her in time.  From the look of the resulting boo-boos on the left side of her face, I would say she thumped the forehead high, bounced a bit, and then hit again with part of her lower forehead above her eyebrow, her cheek, the side of her nose, and even her eyelid.

She was quite unhappy for a minute, so I just cuddled her.  Once she was calm and I got a look I was glad it wasn't worse than it is.  She did let me clean it off and put some ointment on it.  Man that's going to be uncomfortable when it scabs.  Lord help me keep her from picking.