Friday, May 1, 2020

Just so you know -- I can do this.

Avery has always been the little girl who would hold out until she was very confident she could do something before she gave it a go.  I think she could have walked (and fallen) weeks earlier than when she took her first steps, but instead she waited and just took off.  Her decision to climb over the side of the crib is no different.

She's 32 months, it's a bit ridiculous that she hasn't done it before.  Just under a week ago she told me she wanted to get into bed on her own one night.  Ok, so I said how are you doing to do that?  She promptly climbed up and over into her bed and looked at me with a smirk on her face.  Since then she demonstrated for her dad that she could climb out too.  Today I made her show me as well.  The good news is, she has always been a great sleeper once she's out, so I still don't see her getting up in the middle of the night.  She also patiently stays in her crib during nap time, even when she doesn't want to sleep.  I guess I really need to get that toddler rail that matches the crib.

Earlier today we were watching a show that switched to a scene with a woman in skates on ice with a stick and Avery immediately said "hockey" she gets it - and I haven't even been watching hockey with her, sadly.

Shortly we'll  be heading out to do a cookie parade past Avery's school.  I hope she'll be able to see her teachers as we go by.