Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Word Practice

We are constantly working towards new words and concepts, but there are always a few that stand out and worthy of note here for future memories.

Let's start with elmo... I mean, elbow.  Yup she kept saying elmo, elmo, and I would tell her he's in your bed.  Finally she reached up and dinked my elbow.  Ah!  After a few clear enunciation to her she got it right, but now she's bouncing back and forth.  To me, that feels like an odd body part to know the name of already, but given that we're doing pretty good with hair, head, eyes, mouth, and nose - and we have the concept of feet I guess it isn't too outlandish.

Speaking of feet, if you tell her to tickle her doll or Daddy's feet she'll reach out moving her fingers and make her special little 'tickle tickle tickle' sound.

Avery also points out pictures of and live babies saying "baby", this includes her own pictures from when she's tiny.

We have also firmly started to say "yes" with confidence, which is a wondrous relief from all of the times she says "no".  We had a full out conversation last night:  She signed more at me, I said "more what Baby", she signed and said "eat eat".  I said "ok, you're hungry", "yes" she replied!  "Would you like a sandwich?"  She signs eat.  I said "do you want peanut butter or grilled cheese?" and she replied with something undiscernible.  I asked again "do you want a peanut butter sandwich?" and she replied "yes".  Success!  She woofed her dinner down too.