Monday, October 29, 2018

Another pumpkin and lots of mud

The sun was out on Sunday, it was unexpected and I wanted to take advantage.  This is why Avery and I headed to Simmon's Farm to do the hay ride to pick out another pumpkin in the patch.  To my surprise the patch is one of mud. I mean, sure, we've had a lot of rain, but I wasn't expecting that.  You see so many people posting pictures of their kids picking put pumpkins and it looks lush and pleasant.  This was hard.  I managed to stay upright, but still got a nice coating of mud.  Avery's bum went down once when I tried to stand her up for a photo.  She promptly wanted nothing more to do with moving on her own.  Do you know how hard it is to carry my pumpkin AND a pumpkin across a muddy angled ground?

I'm glad we went, but I won't lie, it wasn't the fun I hoped for and there aren't great pictures of the event.