Monday, January 29, 2018

My little sweet pea

I ended up starting off with peas.  All went pretty well (except the fact that I think all bibs should be dark colors as to not make it an instant stain-fest).  After a few bites she made a bit of a face, perhaps too much of one flavor.  It did take a couple of feedings to get through the one small jar and I noted that she does like to have a drink after a couple of bites.  I also am clearly seeing how, if she is not hungry enough or too hungry, trying to sit down with food and a spoon is not a good option.

But since my last post, we have also opened a jar of sweet potatoes.  She seemed to be happy enough with them, but no distinctly different reaction than from the peas.  It is amazing how fast they learn to open up when the spoon is presented.  She continues to amaze me.

I've picked up a few other things for her to get a taste of in the near term, but I also have plans to make some of our own goodies and freeze them using ice cube trays, as I am not seeing the full spectrum of options based upon what everything says she should be able to try at this point.

Size wise we are one small growth spurt away from all of the 3mo and 3-6mo items going to the finished pile.  I have pulled out a couple of 6mo items.  It seems like she needs the length but not the girth, which is surprising since she was weighing and measuring at the 50th % for both height and weight at our last doctor visit.  As for me, I need to start watching what I'm eating as I saw the scale tick back up a bit.  I'm guessing this is partly due to the fact that we only have her on the breast twice a day to get what she can.