Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I want to cry when I'm tired too.

I feel like we're shifting to the patterns prescribed for a 6 month old already.  I know, every baby is different and there isn't a clock that they look at and say "oh, today is my 6 month birthday, I need to start behaving like _this_ now".  I'm just saying I'm glad I read ahead a little.

The past few days after daycare Avery has been rather unhappy and not her normal talkative and pleasant self.  She doesn't want to eat oatmeal or veggies, just suck down some bottle and cry.  She's rubbing her eyes, so I know she's tired, but I do believe we're hitting over-tired.  From there she's ready to go down by 8pm (6 months olds need an average of 11 hours of straight sleep a night hmm).

Her naps at daycare have shortened, so I've asked them to try whatever they can to get her to stay down a little longer during the day.  So even if she still wants to wipe out early, maybe it can be done without a half an hour of inconsolable screaming.

I do guess too this pushes me harder towards getting her acclimated to her own crib.  I won't leave her in the by my side sleeper while I'm downstairs for more than a few minutes and it cannot be as restful for her to sleep in the pack n play and then get relocated later in the evening.  Ok, there, I acknowledged it - but I am probably going to be slow to make this transition as I don't want to.  It might be good to try while my sister is here and we have an enthusiastic about getting up in the middle of the night to help with baby person available.