Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I could do without for another year

I am reminded of the scene in Sixteen Candles where Sam's sister is about to be married and the mother says something to the effect of "I don't want to tell the whole church she has her period!"  Well guess what "church".  I had some pain a little while back, I guess that was ovulation, because it's definitely back.  I had some spotting once before too, but not something I'd call a real period.

This coincides with another drop in production - I'm getting so very little milk that I do think it's time to all but stop.  I will try to nurse her in the morning when we get up and maybe pump once during the day for now to see how long that lasts.

I'm sad about it, I've been sad that I haven't been able to make that the primary method for a while now.  There is this huge feeling of not being able to go back too.  I'm trying to focus on how much of a time savings it will be.  If we're up early in the morning it will be hanging out with Avery not feeding feeding feeding.  I won't need to be topless and freezing at multiple points during the day.