Wednesday, May 22, 2019

From take a bite to no bite!

Once again Avery got bit at daycare, this time on her back.  I understand she was going for a book and someone behind her didn't want her to have it.  They got her good.  I don't think it broke the skin, but darn near.  I am sure she was too busy squealing and crying to tell them "no bite" like she does with us when we're pretend/play biting at or near her.

Today was also great progress as she ate ALL of her salisbury steak, 2 servings of mashed potatoes, two servings of fruit cocktail, and some of the veggies (mixed in with the mashed potatoes).  She also woofed down some breakfast w/ me before I dropped her off this morning (a rare treat).  For dinner she ate some banana and orange on her own with her fancy new fork while I finished making pancakes - she ate two of those too.  I think someone is getting ready for a growth spurt.

The forks are actually metal, smaller versions of what an adult would use with a slightly rounded tip.  The kiddie forks couldn't spear anything when I tried to use them, she definitely wasn't successful with them.  I'm quite pleased with this Amazon purchase.  Hopefully they'll hold up.  I might need to go ahead and order her a set of spoons and knives!