Thursday, May 2, 2019

Playing Hooky with Teacher's Pet

On Tuesday around noon school called - Avery had a fever of 101, so I was off to pick her up.  That morning she sneezed and boogs streamed from her nose to her chest, that was a (gross) first and her eyes were watering, so I'll admit I wasn't overly surprised to get the call, but concerned that a fever had joined the party.

By the time I picked her up and got her home I was only getting a reading of 99, so fortunately it was short lived.  Regardless, a 101 fever or higher means you're home for 24 hours and she wouldn't be allowed back on Wednesday.  When she got home her eyes were definitely still watering, more than they were first thing and her nose was pretty runny, but other than that she remained the happy little girl I know and love, just a little slower and more slimy.

Wednesday she woke up feeling good.  Definitely no elevation of temp remained and the snot factory had slowed greatly.  Since we were off anyhow and the weather was nice I embraced it and we headed out by 10:30.  It's almost Mother's day, that means my ring from last year needed cleaned and checked, so we went to the outlets.  This year Avery helped me pick out a pair of small hoop earrings!  A quick lunch pickup while she zonked in the back seat and we headed home where she fought the rest of her nap while I tried to get some work time in.  After we ran back out to the grocery store as we tapped the milk supply I had due to her unexpected additional time home.

Since she had no signs of communicable illness of concern that day I proceeded with our plans for the evening.  Avery's favorite teacher from her first school came to visit!  I'm quite confident Avery remembered her as it only took a very brief time for her to warm up and start talking and interacting with her.  There was lots of playing, laughing, and enjoying her teacher friend.  The only problem is we forgot to take a picture.