Friday, January 11, 2019

When I enjoy being told no.

When I take Avery to bed we go through our routine.  At the end, after our prayers, with the lights out I cuddle her for a minute or two.  She puts her head down on my shoulder and I rub her back.  It doesn't take long.  Usually I can say "are you ready to lay down with Sheepie" and she looks towards her bed and points - she's ready.

Tonight my inquiry was repeatedly met with "huh-uh" and she'd shift around and re-cuddle in.  This went on for a good 15 minutes before I decided I really needed to go ahead and put her in her crib and get downstairs to look at the work computer and do some dishes (whee).

I pray on one hand that I never spoil her or create a monster that requires being held to go to sleep, etc.  On the other hand, I pray that I never miss an opportunity to have a sweet moment with my sweet little girl.