Friday, January 25, 2019

Emotionally Exhausted

It's been a rough week emotionally.  Avery isn't pleased thus far.  Sure, by the end of the day she seems content enough.  When I walk into the open play area to pick her up she's playing in a car or toddling about, but she's quick with a smile for me and she heads my direction - ready to go home.

She also isn't thrilled with the food.  I know she'll get there, but all week all she wanted to eat at daycare were the bread-based foods they offered with a wee bit of fruit and her milk.  C'mon kid, you gotta eat more than that.  Needless to say she comes home hungry and asking me for food.

I hate seeing her crying and clinging to me each morning.  It breaks my heart.  Couple that with worries for friends and hearing that our favorite teacher, as I'll admit was expected, is going somewhere else and I'm feeling down.  I'm waking up several times at night and just not rested.

The evenings somehow seem shorter too, like I'm not seeing Avery at all.  I need this weekend, that's for sure.

Today I take a load of spring/summer clothes to consignment.  I'm also going to pull off the band aid and take Avery's swing.  As I've commented before, it brought her so much comfort and peace that it is hard to part with.