Sunday, January 20, 2019

Tomorrow is off to college

We had a great weekend.  Avery continued wanting to sleep in, which doesn't bode well for tomorrow morning, since we need to get up and get moving a bit earlier than we did for our previous care plans.  I did get her down for bed a bit early tonight, so that should help some.  I feel like I am taking her for her first day of school tomorrow.  I know I'll survive the change, but I need to get through the first day or two to settle myself.

She also enjoyed her bath again tonight! Lately baths = tears.  I'm glad she was laughing and splashing again with only a few tears when her hair was getting rinsed.

We're also starting to fight a little bit of diaper rash again.  She's had her finger in her mouth a good bit so maybe a tooth is pushing upward, but I cannot see anything just yet.

I decided the other day I needed to start an inventory of Avery's words, signs, and the things she clearly understands.  I was trying to get a real grasp of where she was.  Here's where we are, I have to say, I am quite impressed with her - once again.

Words:
Mama
Daddy
Baby
Gigi - dog?
Saffy
Neen
Elmo
Eat
Up
Please
Thank you
Huh-uh - no
Apple
I love you
Moo (for cow)
Oops
Uh-oh
All done
Sock
Help
Shoe
Bubble

Signs:
Eat
Drink
Water
Milk
Please
Thank you
Cookie
I love you
Finished
More

Other things she understands:
Shapes in the shape sorter - if she gets the wrong one she shakes her head no
Sheepie
Book
Waves hi/bye
Holds phone to ear