Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Ups and Downs

Avery did well all weekend after we got through Friday with the exception of last night, which I'll blame on an overfeed.  Her poops however still smell like she has expelled a demon.  Needless to say, this is on the "to discuss" list for her next pediatrician appointment, as from what I've read they shouldn't be that bad.

We sat out on the get togethers on Saturday, but did power on for Sunday (Christmas Eve) and his parents came here on Christmas day, so we still had lots of visiting.  We also had a crazy amount of gift opening!  I've said it before and I'll say it again, what on earth am I supposed to do with all of this stuff for this little girl?  We even have a lot of books.  I need to get those sorted again (the more mature ones are stored downstairs for now and the others are upstairs), but I need to also get them more handy so we can start reading to her more regularly.

I need a better routine with her (including the reading time).  There are too many days when I realize (after she's fallen asleep) that I didn't wash her face (and I'm not going to put a wet wash cloth on a sleeping baby).  I guess it's hard to label something routine as there are so many variables.  Today we woke and were ready super early - but on another day that same set of tasks can have me running late.

I also want to post about watching her swinging a candy cane around.  It was the most adorable thing.  I snagged some video and photos, but it isn't quite the same as being there.  She just immediately started swinging it back and forth like she was getting a workout.