Friday, November 3, 2017

Who's your daddy?

Well, her birth certificate arrived yesterday, with no father listed.  *sigh*  We did the paperwork in the hospital, which they returned to us because he dated it the day before she was born.  It took a while to have someone here to sign as a witness, but we got the papers back in a couple of weeks ago (again).  That office says to wait 4 weeks for acknowledgement of paternity paperwork to process at which time we can call to get the birth certificate corrected.  Whee.

Now the social security administration needs the birth certificate in order to help me out with the fact that we have not yet gotten her social security number in the mail.  This too was completed in the hospital.  Why is this such a mess?

It's still creepy here trying to work while Avery is off at daycare.  I feel like I'm half naked most of the day trying to pump.  I also had a drop in what I'm getting, so now I'm really worried about how long I can sustain sending pumped milk for her.  She was 10 weeks yesterday and with our limited scale measurements here, we're still not to 8lbs.  So maybe it's for the best if I just make the shift?

To end on a good note, I finally added Avery to a planned cruise in the spring, so she is scheduled for her first sailing!  I'm sure that will be an interesting adventure.  I'm not sure if it will be more of a pain in the butt if I'm still breastfeeding or if we need to lug a bunch of formula.  I guess I never planned on breastfeeding _that_ long anyhow, but the thoughts go through my head.