Monday, November 6, 2017

Some decisions are made for you

No matter how hard you may resist, some decisions are made for you.  For me, this is when to stop breastfeeding.  The major drop in what I was able to pump when Avery started going to daycare was immediate.  It's only been a week but it's becoming very clear that the end is near.  Today I noticed that the tips of my nipples have hickeys on them from the pump and I'm lucky to get a full ounce in twenty minutes and two cycles on the pump.

Amusingly they don't hurt - and that's a bad sign.  The lack of them being delicate is probably because things are drying up.  The nail in the hormonal coffin was seeing how much hair came out when I washed my hair tonight.  I'm going to keep trying to put her on, but I am starting the hunt for the best deals on formula and we'll see if liquid or powder seems more the way to go.

Just be happy I made it nearly 11 weeks, right?  I just can't help but be very disappointed.  There is also the fact that I'm not good with change and this forces me to relearn new patterns.  Feeding isn't just a walk down the hall in the middle of the night it's now going to be going downstairs to ready the bottle, come back up and take care of her, then clean up the bottle.  Then there is the huge added expense!  Oh don't get me started on that... and the higher likelihood it will stain clothes and the fact that she'll poop more (she had a blowout today at daycare and another huge dump after she came home.