Thursday, April 6, 2017

Anatomy Scan Ultrasound

One day can offer so much to update on!  Yesterday we had both the anatomy scan ultrasound and a regular monthly appointment at the obgyn.  I'll start by saying that the tech commented that "everything was normal", but only after she had answered a question I had by saying she "wasn't allowed to give results", so for whatever that's worth.  I'm hopeful that I will get a call from the obgyn as well when they have/review all of the information to confirm the same.

I'll also throw these right here:


The tech did her work and then took a break to have me empty my bladder and move around to try and get kiddo to be a little more cooperative so she could get a few more images she needed.  At one point the tech commented about how calm she is.  I take that as a good thing - I'm keeping my stress down, yay me!  Everything we saw looked good (two arms, two legs, feet w/ toes, hands w/ fingers etc).

I will say I'm disappointed with the videos we got.  There are about 16 3-second clips on the DVD.  Sure there are a few little moments caught that are pretty cool, like when she was opening her mouth right before she then put her hand to her mouth like she was going to suck a thumb (but then it looked like she instead stuck a finger up her nose).  I guess I just expected something a little longer.

At the regular appointment a little later the heartbeat was still in a good range and no issues there (no blood draw either - yay!)  My weight is creeping up now, I will need to be a little more careful w/ my junk intake if I want to stay under the number I had in my head by the end, but I'm still in a healthy range.

We did stop at a consignment sale twice in the past week at which we managed to score a like-new boppy pillow w/ cover and a very clean pack n play w/ a changing 'tray' and mobile - both at a fraction of the new price.  There is so much STUFF for kiddo already it's crazy.  How can something so small have so much stuff that takes up so much space?!