Thursday, March 9, 2017

Ob Appointment Update

I had my monthly Obgyn appointment today.  It was a bit of a wait, like an hour past my appointment time before I was taken back, so the water I had guzzled to make sure my veins were ready was already overflowed out the other side.

Today's heartbeat came in at a solid and well within typical range of 150bpm.  They needed to redo a platelet draw from last visit as something went awry there, so I was already getting stuck today.  After discussing some of the optional tests with my sweetheart I did have them add a few other items on the draw including a cystic fibrosis carrier test and a multiple test that may highlight any possible abnormalities as well as offer up gender information before the next ultrasound.  We draw the line at poking holes in the placenta at this point, but heaven knows if anything comes back abnormal we may need to rethink other tests.

Yes, they needed to try and hit both arms for the blood again today.  At least the second time was a charm.  Unbelievable given how much water I had drank before the appointment.

I also asked about the incredible back itch and had my concerns put at ease with regard to potential liver issues that show symptoms like this.

I'm still not seeing my weight jump upward, but I'm not sure what the diff was between doctor's visits.  Heaven knows clothes could alter that too.