Monday, June 17, 2019

Traveling Germs

Last week Avery and I were supposed to go to a park on Friday, so we were both off from work and school.  Unfortunately, my Aunt passed, so instead we headed to Altoona.  It was about 5 hours drive time and I have to give this kid kudos, she was amazing.  Unfortunately, she didn't nap but 20 minutes before we arrived at the church for the funeral, so I was worried she would lose her mind.  She only had one minor melt during the service.  My cousin noted she was happy to see that melt, because up to that point it was too easy.  She made it through the afternoon too with everyone around, only going to one Aunt and very briefly.  The rest of the time she clung to me, wanting up quite often.  The drive back she wiped out for most of it, so that too was an easy drive.

On Saturday she then woke up not wanting to eat much.  By the afternoon she had horrendous gas and small/looser poops that happened all too often and a slight fever.  Sunday morning she threw up the water she drank twice.  After some rest and cuddling she was starting to be herself again.  Today she's looking and feeling ok.

My arms, shoulders, and back however aren't feeling great.  All of this wanting carried is really taking its toll on me.