Friday, November 16, 2018

Up and down

Nothing wants to go in the mouth.  She doesn't even try with most foods, just straight over the side of the high chair.  That is, unless of course it is a cracker, cereal, or snack.  She'll stand there and tell me she's hungry and wants more and wail when I present her with something she doesn't want.  I know I have to stick to my guns.  I hated it, but she's gone to bed last night and tonight without a full stomach.  I'm thinking this weekend is going to need to be very focused.  Either you eat chunks or you don't eat.  I need to get her moving forward.

Tonight she spent time practicing on the stairs.  Under my watch she went up the first two stairs and back down, up and down, up and down. I'm trying to convince her that she needn't walk on the stairs trying to come down but instead scoot down on her butt of back down.

Since I previously heard she wasn't using her paci at daycare for naps I gave a brief try of putting her down without it tonight but was instantly met with a wiggly whiny child.  Fair enough - we'll wait a while on that one, especially since she is now happy to go straight into the crib after her prayers without cuddle time.  I know that as she gets a bit older there will be cuddling on the couch etc, but right now I'm missing those pre-bed cuddles, but I know it's important for her to be able to go down on her own.