Saturday, August 25, 2018

Happy Birthday Avery Violet!

My little girl is 1.  How fast this past year has gone.  I look back at photos and video and marvel - she's grown and evolved so much.  She continues to amaze me every day - and even more so amazing is that I love her more each and every day.  I'm so proud.  I'm so full of joy.  I'm so in love... and it's all for this blessed baby - I guess I can't call her a baby anymore, she's officially a toddler.  Let's modify that with a "my" - MY baby.

I took Friday off to spend it with Avery for her birthday, but of course, the activities to prepare for her party today took over a good bit.  At least I can say my house is reasonably clean right now.  We did make a trip out to the grocery store and for some ice cream on Friday, so we had some special moments.

We had quite the full house today all for sweet Avery.  She didn't dive into the cake like I thought she might after having had previous exposure.  Avery continues to be happy getting passed around and the large crowd didn't bother her much. I didn't get to take too many photos, so I am hoping that they will come in from others in attendance.  It's hard to do everything and talk to everyone as I'd like at busy events.