Friday, April 13, 2018

Exotic Tastes and a Little Bit of Exotic Weather

Rice and peppers are now in the books - yes, peppers. One mix was pear, sweet potato,and pepper - and it was quite tasty!  I also cheated a little and gave her the smallest taste of grape jelly one morning and, at her Dad's prompting due to his love of pickles, allowed her to taste my dill pickle.  She made quite the sour face but kept opening up wanting more.

At last we climbed into the 70s yesterday and the 80s today.  Yesterday we got a walk in and today we went out and walked around the outlet stores briefly.  I had the windows open today, which means the house warmed up a bit.  The upstairs is warm enough that I put Avery to bed without a sleep sack or socks tonight.  She was so confused that her little feets were bare.  (Don't worry, I'll make sure before I go to bed that it hasn't cooled down too much for those bare feet.)  If only the weather would stay nice I think she'd finally play with her feet like most little ones do at some point.