Tuesday, April 24, 2018

8 months, 2/3 of a year!

Avery is 8 months old today.  Isn't that crazy?  She's wearing mostly 9 month clothes, but as with all women's clothes the sizing is all over the place, so she still has a few 6 month items that fit, some 9 month items that already seem too small, and some 12 month items that are already in rotation.  Nothing like starting the kid off with a complex immediately.

I realized too that some of the breast milk I had pumped and stored away in the freezer is nearing the 6 month mark, so I'm trying to pull some to use with feedings.  She is a little stuffy again (maybe teeth?) but I'm hoping the breast milk with work some wonders and help her out - while giving her a little immune boost.

Food wise we've now also tried chicken and broccoli.  I've also given Avery a little bit of bread as we have a goal that she can participate in communion at church.  Speaking of - I've been trying to say a prayer with her every night.  It's hard, but I was never "taught" how to pray, other than being taught the Our Father and Hail Mary when I was young.  I want her to be able to have a relationship, a dialog, a conversation, and a friend in our Father.  My prayers are that He guides me on how to teach her.  I know we need to start saying prayers at meal time too.  I'm ashamed to say that's a hard habit to get into.