Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Selections made and now I wait

I neglected to report back after I narrowed things down to 4... and then 2.  Amusingly, I ended up with the tallest donor in the batch and one of the shortest (5'9" - that's pretty short for my tastes).  The first choice and taller donor is also ID option, which is great as that is originally what I had wanted to do.  Of course, this means his specimens are a little more expensive.  I have yet to see if I can pay the difference on my free specimen and use him late this month.  I should be ovulating again around the 30th.

ID option means if things work out with her sperm the child could obtain his name and basic information when they turn 18.  Of course, on the other hand I can also see a guy meeting his 30th child being less than excited and as the child might hope to be if/when they met.

Last week I didn't get the most solid reading of a positive ovulation.  There was a line, but it wasn't as dark as it should be - which according to the test is a negative.  I did however the next day have very light bleeding.  So as I was reading some other information I've come to learn yet something else new - that some of us (apparently I'm one of those someones) can have what is called ovulation bleeding.  How that makes sense I don't know but it seems to fit and would explain how many times when I've thought "you've got to be kidding - I'm spotting!"  So, that could be helpful to know to get my rear in for insemination.