Monday, May 23, 2011

Frustration!

What a royal pain in the rear. On Friday I called and left a message (as is the standard frustration) for my doctor's office noting that Fairfax requires the office or doctor to call a specific number in order to communicate with them if something is felt to not be right with the specimen. When I went to leave I had a voice mail saying a letter was typed up for me and they asked if I were picking it up.

This morning before I could call another staff member called and seemed more than agreeable to talk with the doctor (she was in surgery all day today) and to have someone there call tomorrow. Great! Later in the day the mean voiced lady who left the message called back and asked me again if I was going to pick up the letter. Despite me pointing out that a number needed to be called and that I had spoken with someone else she rather forcefully noted that all that is required is a letter and she reiterated the question. Great. (We need a punctuation mark for the antithesis of an exclaimation mark.) So, not sure what is up.