Monday, January 10, 2011

Prenatals and Ovulation Tests Ordered

It seems committing in some strange way.  After carefully assessing multiple types of prenatal vitamins and comparing them against the recommendations spelled out on WebMD (how geeky is that) I went with the Prenatal One Multivitamin by Rainbow Light

Recommended Amounts
400 mcg of folic acid
400 IU of vitamin D
200 to 300 mg of calcium
70 mg of vitamin C
3 mg of thiamine
2 mg of riboflavin
20 mg of niacine
6 mcg of vitamin B12
10 mg of vitamin E
15 mg of zinc
17 mg of iron

Rainbow Light Prenatal One Multivitamin


Long story short everything is met, plus it's double on folic acid, above the recommended on vitamin C, B12, E, and Iron - and it didn't seem to have as many complaints by people getting sick from the vitamins.

The tougher selection was on ovulation tests. How many do I need? Does it matter what brand? I ended up buying a combo pack of 25 ovulation prediction strips with 10 pregnancy test strips - I figure I'm likely to need that in the future too. It seemed so wasteful to get a big box of these big plastic contraptions, so I ended up buying these sticks. I guess I'll need to get some little disposable cups though, as they need dipped. We'll see how that goes.