Sunday, September 22, 2019

Oktoberfest

Another week, and weekend, has passed.  I'm always so sad when I put her to bed on Sunday night.  I don't want my full days with her to be over for 5 days, but I don't want to wish any time away either.

This weekend we had two visits to our local Oktoberfest.  Friday after I picked her up we had dinner at our church's spaghetti dinner and then we walked over to get dessert and checkout a button box band.  Saturday her Nonna and Nonno came in to join us at the event - so more food, strolling, checking out music, and even a ride on the kiddie cars they had there.

I've started to pepper in a few Italian words to Avery's vocabulary.  I've been working hard on duolingo to make my own progress, it helps to share with her.  She's getting better with finger control, which helps greatly on a few signs.  More than that, her verbal communication is making leaps and bounds.  This isn't a one or two word girl - she can tell you, if pushed sometimes to do so, exactly what she means/wants.

On the other hand, we've also started using the naughty step - thank you super nanny.