Friday, April 5, 2019

Losing Track

This morning I asked Avery, to see what she would say, what was on the socks I was preparing to put on her.  She announced well enough that I know she understood that they were dinosaurs.  You're correct!  When I asked what was on her dress she instead decided to put her hands into and announce 'pockets'.  Well played girl, yes, there are pockets on that dress ... in addition to the flamingos.

We're to the point now where I've lost track of the words she has used and what she understands.  We sat down with a baby's first 100 words book before heading to school since we had a few extra moments and I started asking her where certain things were, getting her to point.  She's doing a pretty good job with a lot of things that she isn't saying yet in addition to the words that are getting solidified.

She is also picking her own shoes now, even climbing up on the side of the toy box to reach them on her own.  I'm so in trouble.  I think I need a little mini tray to put them on the floor.