Monday, February 12, 2018

Avery's Baptism and Sleeping in the Crib

On Sunday, February 11th we celebrated Avery's Baptism.  The weather warmed up enough that despite some rain there was safe travels and we were blessed with several people coming in from afar.  As with any of these events I wish there was more time to sit and get to talk to every single person, but it was still good to get to see everyone.

For her own record I want to note that her Nonna and Nonni were here along with her Great Aunt Karla, Great Aunt Lori, Great Aunt Dawn and Great Uncle Greg with cousins Morgan and Maddie, Great Aunt Donna with cousins Kimberly, Isabella, and Levi, Brian and Angela L, Jay and Jen L, Lori L, Brian, Amy, Erin, and Fae M, and of course Aunt Jackie, her Daddy, and I.  Great Aunt Diane, Nichole, and Melissa were also at the church but couldn't come to the house.  It was a full one!

I'm so grateful to have had my sister here to help, there is no way I could have pulled all of that off here at the house without her.  She made some amazing grub, helped me get the house ready, and did most of the cleaning up after while guests still lingered.

Avery is such a happy girl and she doesn't mind getting passed around and loved on by everyone.  She definitely made her rounds.  You'd think she would have been extra tired as a result, but dang if she wasn't up a half an hour before the alarm this morning and flipped over in her crib.

Yep, I said it - in her crib.  I put her in there to sleep on Friday night and we survived it, so that was night number three.  The first night I flipped on the monitor quite a few times and saw how she shifted.  I'm glad I looked at 3am that night and saw her scooted down, because by 5am she wasn't in the view of the video camera and I found her rotated 180 degrees and half way across the bed.  Saturday morning after she woke I brought her back to my room and we cuddled for a while.  I'll miss being able to just reach over and love on my wee one, but here she is already working on her independence and self-confidence.