Monday, January 30, 2017

Thump thump thump

A couple of days after the first hcg bloodwork we did another and I went from the 230k range to the 280k range.  At that point, my doctor wanted me to get an ultrasound scheduled.  Given that I am relocating very soon and eager to dispose of the ob/gyn in my current location we came to the agreement that I would scheduled my first appt with an ob/gyn out at my new location and they would get me into the local ultrasound.

This morning I went for the ultrasound still have afraid we'd see only an egg sac, or no heartbeat, or something else entirely - who knows, when I got up this morning one thing was for sure, it still wasn't 100% real.

Well lo and behold boom.  Within seconds she had this in view and seconds later a solid 167 bpm heartrate thumping away.

A few minutes and measurements later and I'm told I am at 9w 6d, which is about spot on to where I guessed based upon what I know for sure.  They also gave me a due date of August 29. I'd rather not have an August baby for a few reasons, so a couple of days late and into September would be nice.

Regardless, this right here is insanity to me but here it is.  I know we're still early, but seeing arms and legs (one of those arms was even taking little jabs), hearing a heartrate, and knowing that despite my lack of morning sickness or other tell tale signs, tells me this is for real.