Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Santa Baby

Santa and I have been in close communication the past few weeks.  Avery has been pretty consistent in what she has been asking for of him - as she was in past years as well.  He had a bit of a misfire with one item, but I hear that he was able to get the right one in, here we are just a few days before he flies.

Santa definitely owes this kid everything on her (short) wishlist.  She's the best.  So helpful and polite.  My only worry is that Avery has an extra dose of the people-pleaser nature that often causes me strife.  She does so many things that I think are rare for young kids (putting her dishes where they belong, picking up after herself w/o being asked, feeding the cat and dogs w/o being asked, etc) - but then she often says something to make sure I know she did it.  Perhaps it is just that one of her dominant love languages is words of affirmation and she's seeking them.  I will need to make sure her tank gets filled and see how she does with that.