Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Doing something right

I have moments where I know I am doing something right. Today was one of those days.  School is once again closed due to a parent testing positive *sigh*.  Around 11 Avery began asking for another snack/something to eat.  First choice - yogurt.  Sorry baby, we don't have any yogurt right now.  Second choice - peanut butter sammie.  Sorry baby, I don't have bread right now (I did try to get some on Sunday but the shelf was bare).  This is where she started to cry.

Mind you, I am trying to get a chunk of a workday in whilst she watches some videos and does some learning games, so I am not able to run out for groceries ATM.  I hate service fees, but here's the time to suck it up - so we instacarted some goodies from Aldi including both bread (although not my preferred brand) and some yogurt.

When I served her up it's the big smile and better than a thank you a big "I love you Mama" that warmed my heart.  A few minutes later I checked back in to find she put her empty plate by the sink -- THAT is where I know I am doing something right.