Wednesday, April 23, 2014

So today the doctor is back in town and looked at the information I already reported here as clearly not good.  He had the nurse call me back to note that the value was bad (duh) but what shocked me was the follow up comment which had nothing to do with what our options were but rather a punt to the folks in the nearest big city (2 1/2 hours away).  Here you can write these numbers down.

From a cursory glance these places are fertility clinics that make mention of IVF solutions on their websites.  Not only is that horribly invasive and complex, but it is hella expensive and would have quite a few trips to a place that would be 5 hours round trip each time.  How on earth is that going to help me?

I guess I shouldn't have expected more from a place that didn't even want to see me after I had a miscarriage, but I guess I had a false sense of hope after my talk appointment where he agreed to try trigger shots etc.  I don't know what to think or what to do next.