Friday, August 23, 2024

Class Schedule

The girl jumped on that bus like a pro first day.  She was the second person picked up and I did see that she sat down with the other person on the bus.  After the fact I learned it was a Kindergarten girl -- doesn't that warm your heart ?  I'm so happy she sat down with someone who could have been pretty nervous right then.  I know if Avery came home LAST year and told me someone sat w/ her first day I would have been so grateful to that kid.  Today they adjusted the bus route a bit so there were a few other kids already on the bus.

I've been warning her that she'll start learning harder stuff each year... well here's her schedule:

  • Arrival
  • Morning Announcements
  • Morning Meeting
  • Phonics
  • Reading
  • Spelling
  • Lunch at 11
  • Handwriting
  • Recess
  • Bible
  • Math
  • Dismissal

On Mondays they also have a Library session, Tuesdays a Gym session, Wednesdays an Art session, Fridays both a Music Session and Chapel.

I am oddly excited for spelling.